YOUTH BOYS & GIRLS NATIONAL RULES FOR JSA
The National High School Federation Rules & Regulations will apply to all JSA games with the following exceptions.
1. All games will be played as follows:
• 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th graders will play two 14 minute halves. (No Running Clock)
• 6th, 7th & 8th graders will play two 12 minute halves. (No Running Clock)
• 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th graders will play two 10 minute halves. (No Running Clock)
• Boys 5th grade and below will play with the 28.5 intermediate basketball.
2. Halftime and Pregame warm-ups should be no longer than 3 minutes. The time slots may be changed at the discretion of the site director. Games should not start before their scheduled time unless agreed to by both coaches.
3. A total of two (2) 30 second time-outs and three (3) 60 second time-outs will be allowed per game. One additional time-out per team will be awarded for each overtime period.
4. Two (2) direct technical fouls during a game on any player, coach, or team
representative will result in their disqualification for the next two (2) games of the tournament. If the team has less than two (2) games in the event for which they were ejected the disqualification will NOT carry over to the next event
5. Each team is responsible for providing a designated representative to assist in
keeping the scorebook. JSA will attempt to provide clock operators at all
events, but if a JSA representative is unavailable, the visiting team will be
responsible for providing a clock operator. The scorekeeper and clock operator must be 18 years old or older. The scorekeeping team representative will receive a team pass for the duration of the event.
6. Each team is responsible for their own warm-up balls, game balls and any
other items brought to the gym with the exception of coolers. NO COOLERS ALLOWED IN GYMS! (JSA is NOT responsible for any lost or stolen items.)
7. The home team must provide the game ball.
8. If a team forfeits two (2) or more pool games; the team will be disqualified from the event and cannot participate in the tourney round of play.
9. Teams will shoot 1and1 free throws on the 7th, 8th & 9th team fouls. Teams will shoot the double bonus beginning with the 10th team foul and all in the act of shooting fouls. ALL Free Throws are played on the RELEASE!!!
10. Teams are not allowed to press over half court with a 20 point or more lead. The first violation will draw a warning from the officials; subsequent violations will receive a technical foul against the bench. (10u games ONLY)
11. If at any time during the game a team establishes a 20 point lead, the clock WILL continue to run with the exception of a time out being called. If the 20 point lead is reduced to under 15 point lead, normal clock operation will resume.